1 Tbsp olive oil
20 oz fresh spinach, chopped
16 oz bow tie pasta
2 Tbsp butter
5 cloves garlic, minced
8 oz cream cheese
3/4 C milk
3/4 C sour cream
1/2 lemon, juiced
1/2 tsp salt
1/4-1/2 tsp cayenne
14 oz can artichoke hearts, finely chopped
1/2 C shredded Parmesan cheese
paprika, to taste
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the spinach, in batches if necessary, and cook until wilted. Set aside to cool.
- Drain the excess water from the spinach.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the cream cheese and stir until melted. Slowly add the milk. Then add the sour cream, lemon juice, salt and cayenne. Stir in spinach, artichoke and Parmesan.
- Add the pasta to the sauce and gently stir to combine.
- Serve immediately with extra Parmesan and a dash of paprika.
Adapted from A Life of Flavor