Mmmm, pizza. :) Pizza is the perfect food. It's wonderful for lunch, dinner...and now even breakfast! This is a hearty way to incorporate a myriad of breakfast foods onto a single pizza crust. You can customize it with your favorite meats, cheeses, and veggies, but this is how my family enjoys it. Eat it plain or top it with ketchup or (my choice) Tapatio hot sauce. Even though it could be considered "breakfast" we often enjoy this for dinner with a tasty vegetable side dish. I hope you give this a try!
your favorite pizza dough (keep in mind to form a good crust to keep the egg in place before you bake!)
1 C chopped meat of choice - sausage, bacon, ham, or vegetarian sausage (that's what we use)
4 oz shredded cheese - we use cheddar, but pepper jack would be great too!
1/2 C onion, chopped
1/4 C milk
1 C hash brown patties, cooked and coarsely chopped
3 Tbsp minced herb of choice - we use rosemary since we always have it growing in our yard
ketchup or hot sauce, if desired
- Preheat your oven to 475 degrees.
- Prepare your pizza crust and top with the meat of choice. Sprinkle shredded cheese and onion on top.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. Pour carefully and evenly over the pizza.
- Top with hash browns and minced herbs.
- Bake until egg is cooked and cheese begins to brown, about 15 minutes. Let sit for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
This is an original recipe