I'm back friends!! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday and start to the new year. We have been busy trying to stay healthy this flu season and hosting my daughter's 4th birthday party (post to come later this week). It has been a long time, but the farm has finally re-opened! I can't tell you how excited I was to get fresh, local veggies! The store-bought stuff was just not cutting it anymore. And to top off my excitement...the strawberries are here!!! Along with a double batch of strawberries, I picked up some romaine, kale, carrots, purple cauliflower, and beets. With this lovely assortment, I will be making the following dinners this week:
- Red Robin - Style Chicken Tender Salad
- using the romaine
- Kale and Mushroom Quesadillas with a Beet, Goat Cheese, and Arugula Salad
- using the kale, and beets
- Western-Style Falafel and Rustic Cauliflower Bake
- using the cauliflower and romaine
- Pumpkin Pizza with Crispy Sage
- using the last of my frozen pumpkin puree
- The carrots are for my oldest daughter's lunches and will also be roasted for finger foods for my toddler. We will be enjoying the strawberries for dessert and with oatmeal in the morning. The rest of the kale with be used for my Kale-slaw lunches.
On a personal note, I have struggled trying to balance this blog and my family time, so please be patient as I try and figure out the best balance for me. The number of posts may vary each week. I will do my best, but my family must come first. I hope you understand and will stick with me during this time. I appreciate all of you who come and visit. Thanks for going on this journey with me!