We had a pretty eventful last week. My oldest started preschool! I was totally one of those moms that cried after dropping her off. I was proud that I didn't cry in front of her! :) Even with her in school two days a week, I will still make time to take her on the farm runs. I feel it is important for her to have input in the veggies we select and the menu planning. This was a fun trip to the farm because the leafy greens are coming back! We are truly transitioning into fall! We picked up some red leaf lettuce, red watermelon, cantaloupe, sweet Maui onion, cherry tomatoes, tomatoes, kale, zucchini, and swiss chard. Here is what we will be making:
- Red Robin-Style Crispy Chicken Tender Salad
- using the red leaf lettuce, tomatoes
- Tofu and Zucchini Stir Fry over Rice
- using the zucchini
- My Vegetable Lasagna and Sauteed Swiss Chard with Parmesan Cheese
- using the zucchini, onion, and some carrots from last week
- I will also be making a Vegan Crunchwrap for this Friday's vegan challenge sponsored by Daiya Foods!
- using the lettuce, tomatoes, and sweet Maui onion
- For my youngest, I will be making a Tomato, Basil, Zucchini Frittata with Goat Cheese
- using the cherry tomatoes, zucchini, sweet Maui Onion, and some backyard basil
We will be making a batch of kale chips for a snack and enjoying the watermelon and cantaloupe for dessert.