With a toddler and a baby, I am not venturing on a 5 hour flight any time soon, so I decided to bring the islands to me! This meal is very simple and so tasty! My husband says this is among the best chicken katsu recipes he has had - even though it uses Gardein vegetarian chicken! Don't worry, this recipe can easily be applied to real chicken for you meat eaters. :) Want a mini-vacay? This meal will make you feel like you are dining in Maui! Aloha!
4 Gardein chicken scallopini fillets, thawed
3/4 C flour
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1-2 C panko flakes
1/4 - 1/2 C olive oil
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Line up 3 shallow bowls. Fill one with the flour, one with the eggs, and one with the panko.
- Dredge a fillet in flour, coat in egg, and dredge in panko.
- Place into the heated oil. Fry until golden brown. Flip and cook other side. Repeat with all fillets.
- Serve warm with Katsu sauce.
featured on Orgjunkie.com