Happy Monday! Boy, we had a cold and cloudy weekend here in Southern California, well by cold I mean 60 degrees. Hey, that's cold for those of us born and raised here! :) But this week should be getting bright and sunny and back into the 80's . I am so ready for that kind of weather! We have a great menu planned with our selection of produce this week. We have some kale, TONS of spinach, beets, carrots, cilantro, sugar snap peas, baby sweet Maui onions (for cooking and planting), blood oranges, and strawberries. We will be making the following this week:
- Sweet Potato Kale Pizza with Rosemary and Red Onions and a side of Baked Beet Chips
- using the kale and beets
- Egg Salad Sandwiches with Baked Sweet Potato Waffle Fries and Roasted Carrots
- using the carrots
- Spinach Enchiladas with Cilantro Cream Sauce and Mexican Layered Dip
- using the spinach, cilantro, and baby sweet Maui onions
- We will be playing around with smoothie recipes using the remaining spinach and kale, snacking on the blood oranges (my new favorite!) and sugar snap peas, and having the strawberries for dessert.