Well, it has been an emotional few days for us all. Thank you for understanding my choice to join many fellow bloggers and be silent yesterday. I hope you all have taken some extra time to let those you love know just how you feel about them. I know I have been hugging my babies a little tighter.
We did still manage to go to the farm. This will be our last big farm run until January as our main farm closes over the holidays. :( There is another farm that will still be open, but our weekly haul will be much smaller since their selection is not as varied. We will likely have to get much of our organic produce from our grocery stores for the next few weeks, but I will still be making some great food! This week, we picked up some spinach, carrots, tomatoes (can you believe it?!?!), broccoli, kale, cilantro, and yellow wax beans. With that delicious assortment, we will be making the following meals:
- Parmesan Chicken Sandwiches (using Gardein) with frozen Organic Veggie Medley (my daughter's favorite treat)
- not using any of the fresh veggies
- Spinach Tomato Alfredo Pizza with Italian Steamed Broccoli
- using the tomatoes, spinach, and broccoli
- Black Bean and Kale Quesadillas with my Restaurant Style Salsa, Cilantro Lime Rice, and Roasted Mexican String Beans
- using the kale, cilantro, tomatoes, and green onion from last week
- I will be steaming the carrots for finger foods for the baby.