We are trying another new vegetable this week! Leeks! I have never cooked with them before, and I am excited to finally give them a try! Along with the leeks, we picked up some green and yellow zucchini, carrots, sweet onion, cucumbers, cabbage, and strawberries from our local organic farm. Here is how I will be using them this week.
- French Bread Pizza with a Greek Salad and Baked Zucchini Fries
- using the cucumbers, onion, and zucchini
- Russian Mushroom and Potato Soup
- using the leeks and carrots
- Hamburger Macaroni Casserole with Coleslaw
- using the carrots, onion, and cabbage
We will be enjoying the strawberries for dessert and as a topping on our breakfast oatmeal and cereal.